Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Day 3

Day 3 had it's ups and downs...!

I woke up later than planned, so the schedule I posted didn't quite work out. However, I was able to scramble up to Tabiona in time for my assemblies! I ended up talking to k-6, and it went very well. I stressed the importance of boosters, and found that most of the kids, yes even those "grown up" 6th graders, were still shorter than 4' 9"!!

It's a shame that boosters are looked down upon by many kids in the 10-12 year old range, because the fact of the matter is, most kids are little. That's why they're kids! Seat belts just aren't made for kids! If only everyone understood that!

However, I'm glad that they don't, because I have an awesome platform to share with the community! The most rewarding part of being Miss Uintah Basin has been going to share my platform with others. It's awesome to hear that the kids know the laws and what to do when they get in a car! I feel very empowered and ready to keep on sharing my knowledge of car seat safety!

Anyway, that was the fun part of the day. The rest of the day was spent getting things done for princess academy, of course! Stress leaks out of me, but it's how I function!

I got to see one of my favorite people from high school! I was so excited! Simon came over and we played wii, and it was fun.

I can't think of more to say about yesterday...yeah I'm a slacker writing about day 3 on day 4. Perhaps there's some unwritten law that says you shouldn't do that. Oh well.

Peace!

No comments: