Wednesday, September 12, 2012

28 weeks: trying to see the brighter side of things

Being pregnant with twins is so much harder than I ever imagined it would be. Maybe it's easier for some people, but man alive, it is kicking my butt!! Lately I have had such a hard time sleeping. I have to change positions, and it makes my pelvic bone hurt so badly it nearly brings me to tears every time I have to move. I had pain like this in the last 3 weeks before I had Ellie, but it was never this bad. Lately I have to take things one day at a time and not think about the fact that I have 8 weeks of this still left or I get depressed wondering how much worse it's going to get in the next 8 weeks!! I try to see the positives of the pregnancy, but when I'm not sleeping through the night because of super bad pain, it is REALLY hard. At least two cute babies will come out of it, right?! I am SO ready for the end to be near, but 8 weeks is a long time away :)

Yesterday I had my 28 week appointment at 28 weeks, 4 days. Everything went well. I told the Dr. how I have multiple contractions a day, so of course he wanted to check to make sure everything is OK. Well it is. No worries of preterm labor and he said I have no restrictions on what I can and can't do, so that's good. I didn't have an ultrasound this week, so I'm not entirely sure what position the babies are in. I know baby A is close to the same, but baby B tends to shift and move a LOT so I'm not sure if he's transverse or breech at this point. Baby's heart beats were in the 140s with baby B's slightly faster than baby A's. All is well and I return in 2 weeks for an ultrasound and another check-up and in 4 weeks, I get to start going twice a week for NST's. It is ridiculous! But for the good of the babies, I'm sure!

How far along are you: 28 weeks 5 days

Maternity clothes: Always.

Sleep: It's getting harder and harder to fall asleep and especially stay asleep as I explained earlier!

Best moment this week: Getting the babies' bedding and seeing how cute their room is going to be once I finish decorating!

Miss anything: Personal space! I don't like when people invade my bubble, and there was a super bubble invader at the post office last week that nearly gave me an anxiety attack because she was so close to me! Also, I miss not explaining my life story to people/being asked my life story. People can be pretty nosy here, and I just want to do my thing, pay for my groceries and NOT tell you if I have other children, if I'm having more and so on. Hello, I don't even know you Wal-Mart Check-out lady! Why are you asking such personal questions!?!?

Movement: All the time. Usually when I'm trying to sleep.

Food cravings: Tasty things like cookies, steak and anything spicy & cheesy.

Anything making you queasy or sick: Lack of sleep.

Have you started to show yet: Yep, that's why everyone keeps asking me when I'm due. It's so fun to explain everything...

Gender: Boy A boy B. I know who's getting what name and middle name, and that's fun for us. I wonder if they'll be identical!? Kinda hope they're not identical though, because I bought a lot of matchy matchy stuff, and I don't think I'll be able to tell them apart ha ha!

Belly button in or out: Out. I'm wondering if it can get even more out? We'll see. (No need to change answers from last week...)

Labor signs: Daily contractions, but never more than 4/hour.

Wedding rings on or off: On.


Looking forward to: The next appointment, because then I'm 2 weeks closer to the end!

1 comment:

L.B. said...

Haha sorry people are so nosy. Be proud Shari :o)