Thursday, August 30, 2012

Getting antsy

I don't know if having twins is making me more antsy about getting things prepared and ready for the babies, or if "nesting" sets in earlier with twins than when you're expecting a singleton but I have been bit by the nesting bug BADLY!

I have gotten pretty much everything I NEED for the babies but there are still a few things I need would like to get (binkies, new changing pad & covers, twin nursing pillow, double stroller frame...) OK maybe more than a few. I want to have everything done so I can just relax and not stress about anything until they get here, because heaven knows I will be stressing out trying to balance my life with 3 kiddos under 2!

Here is a picture of some things we have ready for the babies. 2 Chicco KeyFit 30 car seats (LOVE THIS SEAT! And yes, that is Ellie in the bottom car seat. She won't stay out of them!!!), the bassinet that we need to put together after my mom sends us the part that got left in UT *hint hint, mom!* 2 nursing pillows, a few outfits (more are in their drawers) and their 2 "going home" sleepers in preemie size (Hoping they're not really that small, but they probably will be!)

My original plan was to be 100% ready by the end of August, but I didn't meet that goal, obviously! The biggest reason I want to be done with getting things ready is that I am starting to feel done with going places, moving around and doing much of ANYTHING. I have some projects I REALLY need to finish before the babies come, or else they will most likely NOT get done after the babies get here (Ellie's quilt, bed skirt, throw pillow & pillow sham) and maybe a couple of boy-ish baby blankets.

Originally, I decided that I wouldn't buy bedding sets for the twins, because 1)they're ridiculously expensive and 2)they're ridiculously expensive when buying 2! I mean really, do I NEED to spend over $300 so the cribs can be "cute"? No. But of course this was killing me to just have boring crib sheets and not make the twins' room all cutesy especially when I made Ellie's room pretty darn cute! I was also going back and forth about the crib bumpers because the 2nd crib we have wouldn't work well with bumpers because of a panel of solid wood on the back. So I was delighted when one of my favorite websites www.babysteals.com had this bedding set (I got it in blue serengeti) for sale in their archives. So, this find was perfect and now they're on their way! Woot Woot!

I am so happy that things have been falling into place for us when buying things for the twins! I have been lucky to find exactly what I need for great prices, and I'm so glad, because having 2 babies is WAY more expensive than having one baby at a time! Though there are still things I'm sure I will have to send someone to get after the twins get here, I am glad I'm mostly prepared for them!

I have had some people ask me if I have a registry for the twins and the answer is no. I'm not expecting ANYONE to buy me baby stuff, since I have already had a baby before. However, if you really feel like you want to get us something, I do have a wishlist on Amazon that you can check out.

P.S. I can't believe that I could technically have these babies in 5-ish weeks. CRAZY! And this is why I want to be prepared! Let's hope they don't come until I'm at LEAST 35 weeks along!!!



No comments: