Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Closing in on third trimester!

I will be done with my 2nd trimester at the end of the week. WEIRD! As much as it seems like this pregnancy is taking SO MUCH DANG TIME TO GO BY (sorry for the caps, it's how I feel on a daily basis!) it is going by surprisingly fast. I can't believe it was just after we moved to Tennessee that we found out we're having twins. Also I can't believe it's basically September. Where did summer go??

Today, I had my 26 week appointment. I had an ultrasound to check on the growth of the babies since baby A was so far behind baby B. I was excited for this ultrasound because I was very curious as to how the babies were positioned, and I am pleased to say I was right in thinking that baby B had turned transverse. A couple of days ago I had some very uncomfortable movements coming from my right side, which belongs to baby B. I started having more pain in my ribs on my right side and I thought that baby B had turned sideways. Glad to know I can tell these things. Let's just hope he doesn't get stuck this way, because that's c-section material for sure! Baby A is still head down, so that's nice. He should stay that way. This is both a hope and an order.

As far as growth goes, Baby A has caught up for the most part with his brother. Their stats are:

Baby A:
  • Weight: 2 lbs 1 oz
  • Measuring "age" 26 weeks 6 days
  • Heart Rate 132 BPM
  • 33rd percentile
  • Position: Head down, left side
Baby B:
  • Weight: 2 lbs 5 oz
  • Measuring "age" 27 weeks 4 days
  • Heart Rate 138 BPM
  • 66th percentile
  • Position: Transverse with head on left, feet on right side
The doctor is the same one I had seen 2 weeks ago and I still really really like him. My fingers are crossed that he is the one that I get when I deliver!! He went through things with me and all is well. My weight gain is good, blood pressure is normal and everything else is normal. These are things I like to hear :) He gave me the same low-down this week about taking things easy, not doing too much and taking frequent breaks throughout the day to avoid preterm labor. He also gave me a list of when to call with contractions, bleeding and what not. I am scheduled to go back in 2 weeks for a normal appointment and then in 4 weeks for an ultrasound to check up on growth again. Then starting at 32 weeks, I get to have NST's twice a week. Woohoo! I'm glad everything is going well and I am not having many problems other than pain and being tired, which is to be expected with pregnancy in general. Oh, I passed my GTT so no more nasty sugar drinks for me! However, my iron was super low, so the Dr. called in a prescription for an iron supplement that I have to take every day in addition to my prenatal vitamin. Guess I should've been eating more steaks, eh?

Now for the "normal" questions:


How far along are you: 26 weeks 4 days

Maternity clothes:
You know it. I even think I might need some maternity sweats. goodness.

Sleep:
Getting to sleep can be a challenge for me. Also, if I wake up in the middle of the night to use the bathroom, getting back to sleep is difficult.

Best moment this week:
Watching a twin wrestling match take place from outside my belly. Those crazy babies are NOT happy with how the other one is kicking/squishing them! It's kinda funny. Rarely is one only moving...one moves, and the other quickly kicks/hits back in protest.

Miss anything:
Being able to walk like a normal person. Geesh, I hate that I waddle!

Movement:
Lots and lots! Baby B was more active today at the ultrasound though, which is rare, because it's usually been baby A who is moving the most!

Food cravings: Ice cream.


Anything making you queasy or sick: Not getting enough sleep.


Have you started to show yet:
I look like I should pop.
 
Gender:
Boy and Boy. I'm still trying to decide what name to give what twin. Do we put the names in alphabetical order? Shorter name for first twin, longer name for second? I don't know!! I had it in my mind what name baby A would have and what name baby B would have, but I can't decide anymore...They sound good together either way.

Belly button in or out:
Out. I'm wondering if it can get even more out? We'll see. (No need to change answers from last week...)

Labor signs:
Daily contractions, but never more than 4/hour.

Wedding rings on or off:
On. No swelling here :)

Looking forward to: The next time I get to have an ultrasound. I love seeing my babies :)


 

No comments: