Friday, July 27, 2012

Twin pregnancy: 22 weeks down, 18 to go!

How far along are you: 22 weeks!

Maternity clothes:
The "maternity clothes are necessary if I want to go in public" phase has hit! My bump is too big for all my shirts, so basically I have officially been limited to like 3 outfits I can wear in public. Luckily, I don't go many places, so this isn't much of an issue! I do have quite a few sweaters/long sleeve maternity shirts from when I was pregnant with Ellie, but I don't have much when it comes to short sleeve shirts...guess I need to go shopping...

Sleep:
I am sleeping well for the most part, but I have been waking up earlier every day regardless of when I go to bed, so that's kind of a bummer! At least it gives me time to myself with Ellie still sleeping in the morning.

Best moment this week:
Hm, Was there a "best moment" this week? I don't think so. Not my favorite week.

Miss anything:
The days when my pelvic bone didn't feel like it was splitting in two.

Movement:
Yep. Pretty sure these little guys are having boxing matches in my belly from time to time.

Food cravings:
Ice cream. Lots of it. ha ha! Oh, and Marv n'Joes! USU peeps should know what these are. It's french bread (or any thick cut home-made bread) with butter, garlic salt, then a couple slices of ripe fresh tomatoes, then some pepper then a drizzle of olive oil and vinegar and a slice of provolone cheese with a sprinkle of Parmesan on top. Then you broil it until it's a bit brown and crusty. Delish. Everyone needs to try it. NOW!

Anything making you queasy or sick:
Other than the scary bugs here in TN, nope!

Have you started to show yet:
You betcha! 

Gender:
Two boys :) I'm thinking Hortimer and Mortimer for names? ;) They're family names...

Belly button in or out:
Out out OUT.

Labor signs:
Had some contractions on Sunday and Monday so I went in to get checked. No dilating here, but they want me to rest and take it easy as much as possible with an 18 month old. :) It's been going OK but I've been feeling much better since Monday.

Wedding rings on or off:
On. No swelling yet, however I think my feet are getting bigger! My favorite pair of heels doesn't fit anymore.

Looking forward to:
Having everything purchased and set up for the babies! I am having a lot of anxiety lately and I just want to GET IT ALL DONE! I know I'm not due for technically 18 weeks, but by golly I want to get everything ready and set up by the end of August for a few reasons. 1. I doubt I will be very mobile as time goes on, so I want to do it while I'm feeling good 2. I just want it done! 3. I hope they come at 37 weeks. Or 37 weeks 1 day, so their birthday will be 11/10/12. I need more children with awesome birthday's since Ellie's is 1/1/11!


In other news, I'm contemplating what to do for bedding sets, nursery decor and what not. Buying TWO bedding sets is so pricey, especially when I am already planning on buying a double stroller and two of so many other things. But I'm sure having two babies will be a joyous fun adventure we will enjoy!

No comments: