Friday, October 14, 2011

Blessed

I just wanted to take a moment to write my feelings that I've been having lately. As more and more of my friends are having babies, I can't help but compare their experiences to mine when I was pregnant with Ellie.

In particular I have been feeling very lucky and blessed that I had a super easy pregnancy. My only complication was that I got sick, and had a lot of back pain after about 30 weeks. I didn't have any complications with Ellie, nothing was out of the ordinary, I never had high blood pressure, I didn't get gestational diabetes and I didn't even go over my due date.

I'm so thankful every day that I was able to have Ellie the way I had hoped--natural, without medication and relatively quickly. It's hard for me to see some of my friends suffer during their pregnancies or experience complications at the very end when they planned the whole time to not have a c-section or any other unforeseen complications.

I could have easily had complications just like they have had, but I was lucky enough not to. I count my blessings for this every single day!

For those of you who have dealt with complications/are dealing with them now, my heart goes out to you. I can't even begin to imagine the worry/stress/heartache that you must have felt/feel as you went through such hard things.

There is one friend I know of in particular that is having a hard time with her pregnancy and is stuck in the hospital until they deliver her little girl. Her name is Suelyn and I hope that you can all pray for her to have comfort and peace in her heart as she's going through such difficult times.

No comments: