Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Valentine's Day Fun

I have a sweetheart of a hubby. Valentine's morning, while I was still in bed, he presented me with flowers. :) It was very sweet, and very unexpected.

After I got up, he had left a bag from my favorite boutique sitting on the counter. Inside of it was a necklace and earring set.

I decided to get D a box of See's chocolates for V-Day because he LOOOOVES sweets. He's lucky it hasn't all caught up to him yet--hopefully it never does! ;)

We gave Ellie the CUTEST little book called "I Love you Through and Through." She seems to like to listen to us read it to her, but it will be fun when she really enjoys story time more.

Because I have one of the best friends ever, D and I got to go out for dinner Valentine's night. She ditched FHE to come babysit! (THANKS SO MUCH HILLARY!! We LOVE Hillary lots and lots!!) We chose to go to Applebee's and luckily we didn't have to wait for a million years to be seated! I should have chosen something else to eat--because what I got (Some kind of southwest lime chicken or something) wasn't the best--but hey, I enjoyed my time alone D and the break from my house.

Before we got back from dinner--we stopped at a Redbox to get the movie "You Again". We started watching it, and D decided it was "too much" and "too cheesy" for him. So we stopped watching it and watched a couple episodes of "Lie to Me" on instant view Netflix instead.

As always when watching ANYTHING after 10 p.m., I fell asleep on the couch. After the second episode was over, D woke me up and was going to carry me to bed until I refused and told him I could walk.

Overall, a very happy V-Day. :)

I LOVE my hubby, and I'm thankful that he makes me feel special all the time, and not just on V-Day.

I'll have to put pictures up another time, because I can't locate the cable for my camera right now...

Stay tuned!

No comments: