Friday, May 22, 2009

Changes to the song...

Changes are in bold font

Verse 1:
Way back when she met him
it's like she wasn't there
he never paid attention
he never showed her care
then life moved on, they parted ways
she told herself, "There's better days."
The start of her crushed heart

Chorus:
It's alright, she'd always say
love will come to me someday
there's always something new to learn
it's just not my turn.
I know my time will come.

Verse 2:
Then grown up, much older
she thought she found the one
all her friends they told her
"girl, your heart is won!"
they made some plans, holding hands
but before too long, he'd be gone
apart is her crushed heart.

Chorus

Bridge:
she didn't see it quite like this
no she would have never guessed
so deep from her past
could it finally last?
(He came back around)I got rid
(and she's now found.) of these two lines.

Chorus modified:
'cause it's alright, she'll still say
love has come to me and hey
there's still something new to learn
even though, it's my turn.

Yeah, it's alright, she'll still say
love has come to me and hey,
there's still something new to learn
even though it's my turn.
I know my time has come

I know my time has come,
Yeah, I know my time has come.

1 comment:

Emily said...

Shari, I really like it. I want to hear it though.