Thursday, November 20, 2008

hum...

As the semester's end is drawing near, stress is building and so is my list of things to do! Although this semester is easier when it comes to homework, it's also very stressful! Keeping up with school, work, pageant, family, friends, and social life is rough!

Nonetheless, I'm doing well. I'm trucking along just fine gearing up to write a paper about Hong Kong and deciding if it could ever be a fully democratic state. I'm also getting my last programs in for the year for my residents. I think I could have done a much better job this semester as an RA, but that's why we're always learning, right?

As far as the life of Miss Uintah Basin goes, I went home and recorded some ads for Channel X94. They should start airing tomorrow, and I have to say, I'm quite stoked! I'm going to a workshop this weekend, so we'll see how things work out. I hope I learn many useful tips when it comes to interviewing, since that is the focus of the workshop.

Also, I just want to express my gratitude for the gospel of Jesus Christ. I know it's true without a doubt! I'm so blessed every day, and sometimes I think I really forget how blessed I am. Something in particular is just the fact that institute has been tailored to me! I love my class. I'm taking "The Miracles of Jesus" and it is so amazing. I love that class. Today and Monday we talked about forgiveness, and really forgiving others can be so easy if we just flat out do it! Something else really awesome that just has been reiterated to me throughout the past month is the fact that there is not ANYTHING that the atonement doesn't cover. Really, it can be used in EVERY aspect of our lives if we just let it! It's so amazing!

Well, I'd love to stay and write all about my life, but my bed is beckoning me to indulge myself in the soft cotton sheets and sink into my fluffy pillow--and since I've taken the "I stay up until 3 every night" road for the past who knows how long, I think that giving in to the temptation my bed has put out is the smartest thing I could do. My brain isn't even comprehending anything anymore, so studying is useless anyway!! So, really I have no reason to still be awake! Hopefully I'll update some of my adventures I've had soon...there's been some great ones as always!

No comments: